Thursday, June 26, 2014

Birthday Popcorn!

In an effort to continue my healthy and clean eating, I have starting exploring new snack ideas.  Around the holidays I became addicted to popcorn but knew I could not continue to share my husbands popcorn which was made on the stove with oil.  I was given an air popped popcorn maker for Christmas which I was really excited about and now air popped popcorn has become a staple in my diet.  

I will get to a healthy alternative in a minute, but a few weeks ago I was making chocolate treats for my MIL's birthday party.  I had some leftover chocolate and popcorn laying around so I decided to combine the two.  This was also a great activity for my little guy to get involved in.  I just spread the popcorn out on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper and drizzled the chocolate on top.  Before the chocolate had a chance to harden, I threw some sprinkles on.  Such a delicious treat and so addictive!!!


While this is amazing and a great treat alternative it is not an everyday item.  There are so many delicious ways to make popcorn a little more exciting that just plain air popped!  My latest obsession is having the popcorn with a little spray of coconut oil, a sprinkle of Himalayan Pink Sea Salt and a dash of cayenne.  Might sound weird but it has everything, crunch, sweet, salty and spicy.  Its a great snack and you can eat 3 cups for only 100 calories!  Try it..you might get hooked!


No comments:

Post a Comment