Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Rent the Runway

A little while ago I wrote a post about a few of my favorite websites for the upcoming wedding season. I had a black tie wedding at the end of June and instead of spending hundreds on a dress I will never wear again, I decided to rent a dress from Rent the Runway.  

I looked at RTR over and over again for days but kept coming back to the same dress.  This pink ML by Monique Lhuiller dress.  While placing my order I decided to pay for their "Pro" option.  For $30 you get free shipping/insurance for a year plus you get a free dress for your birthday.  If you were to just order without Pro, shipping and insurance cost $15 per transaction so I figured I was halfway there anyway.  

A day after I placed the order I received another email from RTR promoting their "mystery stylist" option.  For $15 you are sent an accessory their stylist believes goes with the dress.  I ended up taking the leap and trying this out as well.  Didn't seem like much of a gamble and since I knew I was not going to have a chance to get to shop for any accessories it seemed like a smart decision.  I was sent a beautiful Kate Spade bracelet that is usually rented for $40!  I was so happy with their selection and my sister had the perfect coordinating earrings I was able to borrow. 

When I received it I was not confident in my decision but once my hair and make up were done I felt like a princess.  I have received countless compliments on my dress!



I would strongly recommend using RTR for any events.  The process is so easy and returning the dress is a piece of cake.  I can not wait until I have my next reason to rent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment