Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Initial Artwork

Recently my husband painted our basement and we have been trying to be creative and repurpose stuff we already have for wall decor.  We came across a few canvases that were a DIY project gone wrong from a few years back.   We spray painted them white and I decided it would be the perfect project for my little guys.  

I first used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out their initials with contact paper.  I put their initials in the middle of the canvas and set them up to start painting.


I decided to have them use finger paint instead of regular acrylic.  They loved it.  They used their hands, toes and about 10 paintbrushes.  


Painting complete!



Once the paint was dry, I peeled up the letters and we had our masterpieces.  The boys were so proud of their work!





I think it looks really cute on the wall in our basement!



No comments:

Post a Comment